Wednesday, May 15, 2013

BOC Week 7 Retail Visit




Last week during my break at work I decided to visit Diane Von Furstenberg. While looking around the store was fairly small this gave enough room for me to see some of the merchandise. The floor plan of the store was a mixture of a diagonal floor plan and Straight floor plan. The clothes were all hung on racks and all of the clothes were set up next to each other. Around the back of the diagonal wall was another rack with pieces of clothing that made it mysterious and exciting. The colors of the store were bright and at the same time a bit dim. The atmosphere of the store was a sophisticated yet playful and luxurious that I felt very excited and interested in seeing the pieces.  The salespeople were fairly nice and approached me to assist me in anything. I talked to one of the salespeople about the history of the company. The young lady had given me quite a lot of information about the company that it made me love the brand even though I did not know what the brand was before I went in. The stores visual displays were very playful and very limited which gave the store an advantage of showcasing their pieces without overly exaggerating the window. I noticed that less product and displays add a higher end appeal to the store and also help it become more interactive with the customers as opposed to going into an H&M. I felt very connected to the store as well as the employees as we discussed more about the company and the store. The uniform for the sales employees were more of an upscale dressy uniform as opposed to a dressed down black look like Burberry employees. The colors in the store connected with the display window and I felt as this was done purposely to add more detail to the clothing. The store also had a television in the wall that showcased Diane’s collections and fashion shows which added more high class to the store.  Diane Von Furstenburg is not all about play it is about mixing playful with sophisticated to create a cohesive upscale look.

No comments:

Post a Comment